Please or Register to create posts and topics.

3600HLX-V3

Just bought a 3600HLX and also got a Iota DLS45 to do the initial charge.  This is for a very small backup system so I only have one battery.  Is there anything special that I need to know on my initial charge?  Any special setttings on the the charger?

Thanks!

KiloVault Tech Support has reacted to this post.
KiloVault Tech Support

Hello!

All you need to do is to remember to have that dual voltage plug in the charger.

Dual Voltage Plug

That ensures the battery will be charged all of the way up to 14.2V.

I hope this helps!

Sincerely,

KiloVault Technical Support

KiloVault® - Save the Sun
330 Codman Hill Road, Boxborough, MA 01719
Tel: +1.888.218.5924
KiloVault.com

KiloVault has reacted to this post.
KiloVault

OK, thanks.  I let it charge for 24 hours.  I got it up to 14.1V

KiloVault Tech Support has reacted to this post.
KiloVault Tech Support

I have a similar initial charging question, I let my battery charge for several hours on a Progressive Dynamics PD9145ALV 12V Lithium Ion Battery Converter/Charger - 45 Amp and it only reaches 99% at 13.83v. Should I leave it on the charger for 24 hours in order for it to reach the recommended 14.2v?

The manual states "Charger must taper the amps as the battery approaches 14.1 V" however, I cannot change the charging voltage on this PD device. Thoughts?

Quote from bodiepetro on March 8, 2021, 4:02 am

I have a similar initial charging question, I let my battery charge for several hours on a Progressive Dynamics PD9145ALV 12V Lithium Ion Battery Converter/Charger - 45 Amp and it only reaches 99% at 13.83v. Should I leave it on the charger for 24 hours in order for it to reach the recommended 14.2v?

The manual states "Charger must taper the amps as the battery approaches 14.1 V" however, I cannot change the charging voltage on this PD device. Thoughts?

Hello @bodiepetro,

99% at 13.83 V makes sense.  Please check the charger output voltage to make sure that it is between 14.1 and 14.2V.  If it is, then you can keep charging until you reach 14.2 V.

It is the charger that must taper the amps as the battery approaches 14.2V.  If the charger does not taper the amps, please do not use it with any KiloVault LFP batteries.

Also, the maximum charge voltage allowed is 14.2V.  If the voltage is higher than that do not use it with your KiloVault LFP batteries.

Lastly (this is missing from the manual but is being added right now), if you cannot disable the charger's equalization stage, do not use it with your KiloVault batteries. 

Sincerely,

KiloVault Technical Support

KiloVault® - Save the Sun
330 Codman Hill Road, Boxborough, MA 01719
Tel: +1.888.218.5924
KiloVault.com